I continue my November Christmas and it’s now in week 2, which means I’ll giveaway the second theme out of 3. HTML5 and CS3 is hot topics for web developers right now. Especially CSS3, because it’s so much easier to build beautiful websites. HTML5 is also so much nicer than HTML4.
It wasn’t the plan to actually release this theme, but it was so fun to make and I really like it, so I want to share it with all of you.
HTML5, CSS3 – What?!
CSS3 is currently under development, but the most modern browsers as Safari, Chrome and Firefox support some of the features. Read about CSS3 on CSS3.info, or use Google to find something about it.
The Theme, please!
You are free to use this theme for any purpose – both private and commercial. You’re allowed to remove the credit link in the footer, but please, please leave it there. It allows me continuing creating free themes.
- Uses HTML5 and CSS3
- Uses the CSS preprocessor LESS
- Awesome design with a hot pink color! (can easily be changed)
- Fully working Ajax PHP contact form
- Modernizr for enabling of HTML5 elements & feature detects
- Uses the fonts Open Sans and Merriweather, both loaded from Google Fonts
- Uses a 12-col grid system, known from Twitter Bootstrap
- The theme supports Google Prettify but it is not included in the download. Download google-code-prettify and view the readme for how to use
- Friendly IE6 & IE7 warning; user is recommended to update or install Google Chrome Frame
- Free to use! (: – It’s released under New BSD License. The license is included in license.txt
The theme has been tested in all major browsers and it’s awesome! It might not work totally awesome in IE6 and IE7, but who cares?
Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated
Other versions of the theme
The theme is available as both WordPress and Blogger theme as well
- Download WordPress version by Tyler Longren
- Download Blogger version by Rethnaraj Rambabu (old version of the theme)
Update March 25, 2010
- Dropdown menu support
- Cleaner and better code
- More CSS3 included
Update September 1, 2010
Rethnaraj Rambabu has converted into a Blogger template. Download it here.
Update September 6, 2010
Update April 16, 2011
Tyler Longren has made a WordPress theme of this theme.
Download now at his website
Update May 19, 2011
Version 2.0 of the theme has been released! New design and major improvements. Click the link to read more.
Update August 1, 2012
Version 2.1 of the theme has been released! Improved design and other major improvements. It now uses LESS as a CSS preprocessor and introduces a responsive grid-system. Click the link to read more.